Resume (click for PDF)
- Fact checking
- AP Style
- High fives
- Event planning
- Meeting facilitation
Master of Arts, Journalism
University of Colorado Boulder
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
University of California, Santa Barbara
Freelance Journalist, The Wall Street Journal
June 2012 to August 2016
- Published 100+ articles in The Wall Street Journal’s Greater New York section (600,000 print subscribers) mainly on the topics of philanthropy and the arts.
- Consistently beat deadlines, and generated countless story pitches.
- Built relationships with a network of 500+ contacts in a diverse range of industries.
Freelance Journalist, Mansion Global
July 2016 to Present
- Published 60+ posts in Mansion Global (a Dow Jones-owned website that is independent of The Wall Street Journal with 2.3 million unique monthly visitors).
- Contribute to the 'Listing of the Day' column and produce articles on the trends in the high-end real estate sector.
Vice President of Administration, Plausible Labs Cooperative
January 2013 to Present
Brooklyn, NY and Boulder, CO
- Directly supported executives by handling the entirety of administrative tasks at the company both in-office and remotely.
- Facilitated meetings, organized travel plans, and maintained the company calendar.
- Managed the major sale of intellectual property by compiling sales reports, communicating with the buyer, and tracking the flow and completion of sub-tasks.
- Collaborated with the CEO to establish budgets.
- Reconciled the books and handled Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Implemented payroll, retirement accounts, and medical insurance coverage.
- Served as a project lead to successfully execute corporate training events in NYC, San Jose, and the greater Washington, D.C. area.
- Exercised business judgment as a member of the Board of Directors with a 20% ownership stake.
Copy Editor, Beautiful Savage Magazine
January 2013 to December 2014
- Line edited and fact checked several issues of the print magazine for national distribution.
Social Media Curator, Artists & Fleas
January 2013 to May 2013
- Organically increased the following and engagement for the market's Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Editorial Intern, XLR8R Magazine
August 2012 to April 2013
- Wrote hundreds of posts about electronic music for the daily online publication (450,000 readers), and also contributed to Big Up Magazine, Paper Magazine, Prefix, and Vacay Vitamins.
Prep Cook, Maison Premiere
October 2012 to November 2012
- Per the advice of a mentor (the founder of a well-known food publication), worked in the BOH as a way to research restaurant culture and professional cooking in order to inform future food writing.
Intern, The Wall Street Journal
June 2012 to August 2012
- Shadowed editors, fact checked Off Duty (2 million readers), assisted with social media (@WSJLife) and in-house blogs, and reviewed restaurants for Greater New York (600,000 readers)
Editorial Intern, Diablo Magazine
May 2011 to August 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
- Fact checked the print magazine (126,000 readers) and reported on San Francisco East Bay culture, fashion, shopping, food and the arts.
Freelance Researcher, Boulder County
March 2011 to May 2011
- Assisted elected county officials with writing and editing a report on the successful Colorado bill for Lean Government (Colorado House Bill 11-1212).
Staff Writer, The Daily Nexus
November 2008 to July 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
- Covered University of California system-wide budget cuts, scientific achievements and campus culture for the daily university newspaper.
News Intern, Santa Barbara Independent
September 2009 to December 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
- Reported on cultural and environmental news (135,000 readers).
Therapy Dog Team Member, Alliance of Therapy Dogs
February 2018 to Present
Boulder County, CO
- Alliance of Therapy Dogs is a volunteer organization of dedicated therapy dog handlers and their dogs on a mission of sharing smiles and joy in hospitals, special needs centers, schools, nursing homes, and airports. I volunteer at a senior residence and memory care center.
Brooklyn Cat Cafe Volunteer, Brooklyn Bridge Animal Welfare Coalition
- Brooklyn Bridge Animal Welfare Coalition is focused on improving the welfare of abandoned animals needing help in Brooklyn.
Volunteer, Edible Schoolyard NYC
- The mission of the Edible Schoolyard Project is to build and share a national edible education curriculum for pre-kindergarten through high school. It prioritizes access to the healthy food that underpins all other efforts to give children a strong start at school and in life.
Volunteer, Brooklyn Animal Rescue Coalition
October 2015 to October 2016
- BARC’s mission is to provide a safe haven for abandoned animals and to find permanent loving homes for them. We provide them with quality food, shelter, medical attention, and the love they deserve.
Green Team, Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy
- The Green Team is a volunteer group that provides essential horticultural care to Brooklyn Bridge Park, an 85-acre public park.
Volunteer, Red Hook Crit
- Red Hook Crit is a criterium cycle race which has been held annually in Red Hook, Brooklyn since 2008.
Ride Leader, Aeolian Ride
- Aeolian Ride is an international art event where the public becomes inflated sculpture on bicycles, transforming the landscape of each city. The effect is a sort of joy loop: those riding feel the elation of being a child at play, dazzling bystanders who become giddy, returning joy to the riders.
Ride Leader, Brooklyn Greenway Initiative
July 2014 to July 2015
- For over a decade, Brooklyn Greenway Initiative has acted as the catalyst for the development, establishment and long-term stewardship of the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway, a protected multi-use bike and pedestrian path spanning 14-miles from Greenpoint to Bay Ridge.
Volunteer, Area Yoga
May 2014 to December 2014
- As a hatha and vinyasa yoga studio, AREA Yoga explores balance, strength, awareness, and relaxation with the breath as our guide.